I loved the interview with Chris Martin from Cold Play (the British rock group) at 60 min this weekend.
Despite the recession and a tough music industry, the group has several Grammy's and got its fourth straight multi-platinum album: "Viva La Vida". They have sold seven million copies!!! Even their world tour was virtually sold out...
What amazes is what Chris Martin said...
"We rely more on enthusiasm than actual skill"
"Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically and people will like it more."
"I can't dance like Usher. I can't sing like Beyonce. I can't write songs like Elton. But, we can do the best we can with what we've got. …. And so that's what we do. We just go for it."
So that is beautiful example of being a 10... no wonder I am inspired when I listen to their songs.
This week, I am practicing living in the moment and being a 10!
It is easy to be overwhelmed with all the bad news about the economy and the pressures of day to day work and family obligations. What I get is that it is ok to feel overwhelmed... But when I live in the moment... and focus only on what I need to do right now and I put my heart into whatever I am doing... it is pure joy and fun...
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This week I'm practicing being in touch with my emotions using the Emotional Gauge. Once I get in touch, gauge where I am at, I shift to Being a 10! Then I can get back in action without being stopped by my emotions! I'm having fun this way!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I've heard of Cold Play, but I'm not familiar with their music. You've inspired me to go find out...